Plastic fuel

  • 11-Mar-2009 09:51 EDT
NSR Fuel (03-05-2009).jpg

Natural State Research (NSR) has developed a formula to create liquid fuel from most types of plastic waste. The process turns approximately 95% of the plastic into liquid fuel, while the remaining 5% can be used as a substitute for coal with a higher thermal unit value. The fuel produced is suitable for use in cars, trucks, buses, trains, and heavy equipment. NSR technology does not create greenhouse gas emissions and reduces plastic at overburdened landfills, thereby achieving a balance between energy, economics, engineering, and environmental efficiencies, according to the company. The formula will enable OEMs to reduce costs while stabilizing the U.S. market by establishing a more permanent and predictable resource for fuel.

For more information, visit booth 960 at the SAE 2009 World Congress.

Share
HTML for Linking to Page
Page URL
Grade
Rate It
4.46 Avg. Rating

Read More Articles On

2017-03-05
A new version of the LG Chem Z.E. 40 battery delivers nearly double the energy density of its predecessor.
2017-01-07
Schaffler Group engineers stepped 'out of the box' to develop a new type of e-vehicle aimed at transporting people and goods within the crowded cities of the future
2017-01-22
Ford's plan to test its new Transit Custom plug-in hybrid (PHEV) vans in London is part of a project designed to help improve city air quality.
2017-01-30
After three years of co-developing a new-generation fuel cell stack aimed at light vehicles, military, aerospace and other applications, Honda and GM have announced the establishment of Fuel Cell System Manufacturing LLC—the industry’s first joint venture for fuel-cell production.

Related Items

Training / Education
2010-08-03
Training / Education
2013-04-09
Training / Education
2013-04-09
Article
2017-01-31
Training / Education
2013-04-09
Training / Education
2013-04-09