Laser blanking systems

Image: image002.jpg

With a patented approach to laser cutting of blanks from coil, LaserCoil Technologies systems enable companies to marry its laser cutting systems with any coil line automation, whether it be existing equipment currently in production or an investment in new or used equipment. According to the company, LaserCoil systems are flexible and can be integrated to work with traditional coil feeding equipment and can even be retrofit to existing press feeding lines. This allows users to leverage existing capital equipment investment and lower the cost of laser blanking system implementation while gaining flexibility, speed, and a high level of quality. LaserCoil systems can process a wide variety of coil material in aluminum, mild steel, the new high-strength steels, and other materials for surface-sensitive panels as well as structural components in thicknesses from 0.5 to 3.5 mm (0.02 to 0.14 in) and widths up to 2.1 m (6.9 ft) at any length.  

 

Share
HTML for Linking to Page
Page URL
Grade
Rate It
0.00 Avg. Rating

Read More Articles On

2013-12-02
VIA Motors says it has begun retrofit electric vehicle production of vans at plant in Mexico, using General Motors commercial vehicles, with pickups based on Chevy Silverado to follow in 2014. Traction motor replaces OE transmission. Lithium-ion battery pack has 21.4 kW·h rating for 40 mi (64 km) all-electric range for truck, 35 mi (56 km) for van.
2013-11-26
Methods Machine Tools, Inc. introduces Yasda Precision Tools' YBM 640V3 three-axis CNC vertical jig borer, which provides high-speed, precision boring and milling operations for high-accuracy mold, die, and complex component manufacturing.
2013-12-14
There has been a population explosion at Mini’s Oxford, England, manufacturing facility: robot count has risen from 600 to nearly 1500, and Plant Director Frank Bachmann is delighted with the resultant increase in production quality.
2014-01-02
Fiat S.p.A. on Jan. 1 announced an agreement under which its wholly owned subsidiary Fiat North America LLC will acquire 100% ownership of Chrysler Group LLC by month’s end. Fiat currently own 58.5% and will buy the remaining 41.5% for $3.65 billion from VEBA Trust (a Voluntary Employees’ Beneficiary Association trust administered independently to pay health care benefits to Chrysler retirees).

Related Items

Article
2014-04-10
Standard
1977-02-01
Technical Paper / Journal Article
2012-09-24
Training / Education
2013-04-09
Technical Paper / Journal Article
2010-04-12
Standard
1989-01-01
Training / Education
2013-04-09
Training / Education
1997-03-11
Article
2014-04-23
Technical Paper / Journal Article
2010-10-06
Training / Education
2013-04-09